Trilogy is all about rosehip oil. Co-founders (and sisters) Sarah Gibbs and Catherine de Groot saw changes in their own skin after trying it, and decided to build their company’s entire product line around this single ingredient. Since then, their certified organic rosehip oil (which they extract and manufacture in-house) has been clinically proven by an independent research lab to improve the visible appearance of scars, stretch marks, and wrinkles.
I’ve written about the company and its products before, including a Q&A with Sarah Gibbs and this post about Trilogy’s commitment to helping save orangutans. But I hadn’t done a full-on Beauty Obsession post—and I’m not sure why, because I’m definitely a fan.
So when Beautorium.com asked me test out Trilogy’s new beauty oil, I didn’t hesitate.
Is someone playing a practical joke on me? How is it already December?! This month is shaping up to be super busy and super fun—but I think I’m going to need a big nap on New Year’s Day. Here are the products I’m loving this month. They’ll be over in the sidebar all month long.
- Alima Pure Organic Nourishing Lipbalm. I may have a lip balm and gloss obsession: Right now there are no less than six different kinds in my purse! I couldn’t resist buying one after including it in the Indigo+Canary Holiday Gift Guide. It’s definitely a balm and not a gloss, but it’s also super emollient and gives my lips more protection than a gloss, which is especially important when it’s cold outside. (I have the Holly Berry shade.)
- Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil. This is the magical oil that makes Trilogy so products so amazing, all by itself. My skin has been freaking out a little bit lately, so I’ve been using my rosehip oil as an ultra-healing facial moisturizer in combination with my Una Biologicals Luxe Face Cream, and I’m already seeing a difference. It’s also perfect for helping to fade scars and stretch marks, and I wish I’d taken before pictures, because I could swear the little crow’s feet around my eyes are starting to lessen.
- Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Jumbo Lash Mascara. This mascara has been my go-to for the past few weeks—I decided to try it once I ran out of the not-very-natural mascara I needed to use up. (Yep. I’m not perfect when it comes to using all-clean products, especially when I receive them as gifts.) Mascara is the one product I rarely go without—so I headed to the drug store hoping to find something in the passable category, and came home with this. It’s affordable, easy to find, and gets the job done. I think the tube is cute, but the one thing I would change is the leaf-shaped handle…it can be a little tricky to hold on to.
- Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar. I finally had a chance to try out Julie’s apple cider vinegar rinse trick, and it works! My hair smelled a little vinegar-y when it was wet, but as soon as it dried, the vinegar smell disappeared and my hair was definitely shinier.
What products are you loving this month? —Aleigh
Want to check out my previous monthly favorites? Find them all here.
This post was shared December 1, 2011
under Hair, Makeup, Skin,
tagged Alima Pure, Bragg, budget-friendly beauty, Hair, monthly faves, natural beauty, Organic Wear, Trilogy
My latest Beauty roundup for Breathe magazine is out! In this issue, I gathered up a few great nighttime treatments, along with a tip on how to fake a good night’s sleep (which I will be putting to use this morning).
I’ve written about the importance of beauty sleep here on Indigo+Canary before—adding one (or more) of these products to your nighttime routine will give your body’s natural renewal processes a boost, while you snooze away.
Do you have a special routine at night to help your skin and hair stay healthy? —Aleigh
This post was shared November 16, 2011
under Body, Hair, Men, Skin,
tagged burt's bees, Hair, Max Green Alchemy, moisturizer, natural beauty, nighttime treatments, NOe Cosmetics, skincare, sleep, Trilogy, Vapour Organics
One of the things I love most about natural beauty is that the companies that are dedicated to creating natural products are often also just as passionate about the environment and all of the creatures in it. One great example? Trilogy. Since October 2009, they’ve been working to help save orangutans from extinction.
Trilogy is helping endangered orangutans in Southeast Asia by supporting an organization called the Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation, the world’s largest orangutan sanctuary. For everyone who pledges their support, they’ll donate $1 in New Zealand dollars.
To help, all you have to do is visit Trilogy’s web site and sign your name in a pledge of support. Click on the banner below for a direct link.
Does your favorite natural beauty brand support a cause that you love?
(Image via Christopher Chan)
Welcome, September! A new month, a new list of favorites to share. Here are the four products I’m enjoying right this very moment. (You’ll find them in the sidebar all month long.)
- Trilogy Everything Balm. I’ve swooned over Trilogy before, but truthfully, their Everything Balm is the reason I fell in love with them. It’s the ultimate multitasker–use it on your driest skin, massage it into your baby’s delicate skin (it’s very gentle) or even rub it into your lips. I love it for elbows and feet.
- Collective Wellbeing Dry Skin Relief Body Butter (Unscented). My hands are really dry lately, and I have a small tube of this in my purse for midday application–it’s lovely. It sinks right into my skin without leaving my hands so greasy that they slide all over the keyboard, which is key when you spend as much time in front of a computer as I do.
- Clarisonic Mia. I wrote about my beloved Clarisonic a few weeks ago. (Yes, I recognize my love of this tool borders on obsession.)
- Afterglow Cosmetics Organic Mineral Foundation. I love mineral makeup, and Afterglow makes some lovely products right here in North Carolina! It comes in 20 shades and offers a natural SPF 20. (Side note–I first tested Afterglow with their starter kit, which has a small kabuki brush, mineral foundation, blush, setting powder and a concealer brush in a little makeup bag. It’s perfect for those of us beauty junkies who have commitment issues and don’t like to buy full sizes of new products.)
What are your newest favorites?
Did you miss last month’s favorites? Find them here.
This post was shared September 1, 2011
under Baby, Body, Makeup, Skin,
tagged Afterglow, Afterglow Cosmetics, clarisonic, Collective Wellbeing, monthly faves, Trilogy