I have to brag about a friend of mine this morning. Her name is Chanee, she’s a natural beauty, and she’s also the very talented and stylish creative force behind Melongings Studio. Etsy and West Elm invited her to sell her gorgeous textiles at a holiday event last night at our local West Elm store, and her pillow covers were selling like hot cakes! I completely forgot to measure my pillow inserts beforehand to know which size I need, so I’ll be ordering mine once I locate my tape measure, but I’m excited to know that Chanee also makes items to order, so I don’t have to worry about my favorite one selling out. Chanee also made an adorable stop-motion video to display her crafting process—watch it here. Here are the other things I’m reading+enjoying this week.
- No surprise here, as far as I’m concerned: Your thoughts and emotions can affect your body.
- If you haven’t seen this story yet, and you or your kids drink apple juice, you should read it. There might be arsenic in your juice.
- As always, I have a huge girl crush on the No More Dirty Looks girls. This week it’s because they posted six reasons aging isn’t as awful as the cosmetics industry claims. AMEN. Maybe I should re-think that whole “grey hair” thing.
- The Green Beauty Guide shared 10 reasons to use organic beauty products. I think all of us natural beauty-lovers have echoed these reasons at some point, but it’s always nice to be reminded why we obsessively study ingredients lists.
- The Green Beauty Guide also shared something not-so-wonderful: Pthalates are in a whole bunch of things I hadn’t considered, particularly game consoles. Here’s a novel idea: How about we just stop using pthalates entirely? Game changer! (Literally.)
- Mascara was apparently on everyone’s minds this week: I included a budget-friendly one in this month’s favorites; the Green Beauty Guide pondered whether there was such a thing as a “perfect” all-natural mascara; the No More Dirty Looks gals revealed their top two mascaras, neither of which I have tried (yet); and then Paige Padgett wiped it all away with a roundup of natural eye makeup removers.
What are you reading+enjoying this week? And, since everyone’s talking about it, do YOU have a favorite natural mascara? Do tell. —Aleigh
Want more Link Love Friday posts? Find them here.