It’s taking me a while to get adjusted to the fact that 2012 is really here, but I have some big plans. First up, a new email newsletter! I’m not planning to launch it for a few weeks yet, but if you’re interested in the newsletter-only goodies I have planned, you can go ahead and sign up here. Here are the products I’m loving this month:
- Florere Deodorant Cream. I raved about this stuff a little while ago and I’m still loving it. My mom and sister both took it for a whirl while I was in Pittsburgh over the holidays, and I think they were both impressed.
- Hydrea London FSC Certified Classic Long Handle Body Brush. This was a Christmas present from my Aunt Jackie (thank you!). I’d been meaning to try the dry brushing technique I’ve been reading so much about, and so far I’m liking it but it’s too soon to tell much of a difference aside from feeling really invigorated. More on this brush (and the technique) soon…
- Broo Shampoo & Conditioner. I just discovered this craft beer body care and shampoo line (it’s straight from Asheville, one of my hometowns), and so far I really like it. It’s not cheap, but the shampoo is so foamy that I really only need a tiny amount, and it’s super moisturizing. Look for a full review of this little hoppy duo soon!
- 100% Pure Red Wine Resveratrol Eye Cream. I bought this at Ecolicious when I bought the Florere Deodorant Cream. With my (genetic) dark undereye circles, I’m always on the hunt for a new eye cream to try, and I really think the price is affordable for a quality eye cream, especially for such a large container. Plus, in addition to resveratrol (the age-defying substance in red wine grapes), it has hyaluronic acid, vitamin E and tons of antioxidants.
What products are you enjoying lately? —Aleigh
This post was shared January 9, 2012
under Body, Hair, Skin,
tagged 100% Pure, Broo, favorites, Florere, Hair, Hydra, monthly faves, natural beauty, shampoo, skincare, Spirit Beauty Lounge
Welcome, October! This month I’m looking forward to nights spent around the fire pit, pumpkin everything (including DIY beauty…more on that later!) and lots of yummy soups and stews. This might just be my favorite month of the year. And while we’re talking about favorites, there’s a new batch of favorite products in my sidebar! Here’s what I’m loving this month:
- John Masters Organics Lavender Rosemary Shampoo. I’m a big fan of John Masters products, especially the hair products. This shampoo is gentle and deliciously earthy-smelling. This is what I used (along with the matching conditioner) when I transitioned to natural hair care.
- Juice Beauty Tinted Moisturizer. This tinted moisturizer was one of the first natural products I tried. (Not a bad first choice!) I like the consistency and that it offers exactly the right amount of coverage to even out your complexion.
- NOe Cosmetics Deep Moisturizing Night Cream. I don’t have the right skin for this night cream (my skin is too oily), so I had a friend test it. She likes that it’s lightweight but super hydrating: a good option when cooler temperatures dry out your skin.
- Dermablend Professional makeup brushes. After test-driving Dermablend Professional’s makeup brushes, I’m a convert to synthetic bristles. Unlike animal hair brushes (which can also irritate sensitive skin), synthetic bristles are cruelty-free and more easily cleaned. They’re top quality brushes (I feel like a pro with them in my makeup bag!), and are made from recycled aluminum and black bamboo. Plus they come in a cute reusable pouch made from recycled cotton.
What are your newest favorites?
Want to check out my previous monthly favorites? Find them all here.
This post was shared October 3, 2011
under Hair, Makeup, Skin,
tagged brushes, conditioner, Demablend, favorites, John Masters, juice beauty, moisturizer, monthly faves, natural beauty, NOe Cosmetics, shampoo, tinted moisturizer
You may have noticed the “Favorites” in the sidebar to the right (or maybe you’ve missed them completely), but I wanted to point them out today because they’ll be changing on a monthly basis, and you might want to check them out before September rolls around.
Basically, they’re the top four products I’m using and loving right this very minute.
Here’s why I love them:
- Vapour Organic Beauty Atmosphere Luminous Foundation: I don’t use foundation every day, but I love the way this little tube evens out my complexion (a little bit goes a long way). Plus, it’s easy to take with me for midday touch-ups.
- Alima Pure Satin Matte Blush: I’m a big fan of Alima Pure products; everything I’ve tried has been a success! Their blush is no exception. I have the Apple Blossom shade.
- Revolution Organics Freedom Lip Gloss: I am obsessed with this lip gloss. I’m nearing the end of my tube, so I’ve been rationing the remaining gloss for special occasions only. I have Freedom, the bright red shade, and it’s the perfect bit of redness–subtle but flattering, and can be made deeper if you add layers. Definitely purchasing a replacement when my current tube finally bites the dust.
- Pangea Organics Egyptian Geranium with Adzuki Bean and Cranberry. First of all, Pangea’s packaging is amazing — it’s seeded, and if you plant it, you can grow a little herb garden. Genius! And then there’s the product itself. I love this little face scrub. It’s a gentle exfoliator that’s good for every day use, and it leaves my skin fresh without feeling tight. Love!
What are your favorites this month?