The sweetest dog I’ve ever known died yesterday: my parents’ golden retriever, Cooper. We’re all big dog people in my family, so we’re all pretty torn up about it. Cooper was a lucky dog, though! He got to live in some great places—Nebraska, Colorado, Pennsylvania, and Montana—and spent his twilight years on my parents’ farm. We are going to miss him.
If Cooper could have shared his beauty tips with you, I think this is what he’d say:
- Kindness is always beautiful.
- Healthy meals are always better when they’re shared. (Especially yours. And you should share it with him.)
- Sleep is important.
- A happy person is a beautiful person.
- Mud is the best beauty ingredient out there.
- Exercise keeps you happy, healthy, and looking your best.
Meanwhile, my favorite beauty blogs have shared lots of (more practical) beauty advice this week. Here’s what I’m reading+enjoying:
- Ashley at Our Little Apartment wrote about how she’s refined her no ‘poo technique for changing seasons and her particular hair type. Have you tried this technique?
- Alexandra wrote a great post about the Seven Beauty Mistakes of the Personal Care Industry. For the most part, I agree with her—except about the eye cream. I’m a girl with genetic, dark undereye circles, and you do not want to come between me and my eye cream. Period. Which mistakes do you agree or disagree with?
- Jolene shared the details of gomasio, a condiment that I’m definitely going to try. What are your go-to beauty foods?