A few weeks ago, I visited Spa at Ballantyne as part of a media event. They’ve just finished a complete renovation, and the new spa is lovely. There’s cushy furniture, a new menu of services and a delicious (and healthy) spa menu, which is a great way to turn a spa appointment into a spa day. (Oh, and if you book a treatment, get there early and bring your bathing suit–spa customers can take advantage of their indoor/outdoor pools and whirlpool.)
As part of the event, I got to try the Organic Journey Signature Facial (the first one on this list), which features products from Éminence Organics, an organic skincare company based in Hungary. They grow their own ingredients in Hungary on a farm that’s powered by solar and wind energy, and use geothermal heating in their lab. Planting and harvesting is done by hand.
Here’s a selection of the products my esthetician used for my combination (tending to oily) skin:
- Stone Crop Gel Wash: Made with stone fruit juice and pulp.
- Lime Refresh Tonique: Packed with citrus for Vitamin C, plus lavender to soothe and green tea for antioxidants.
- Rosehip & Maize Exfoliating Masque: My esthetician used a steamer to open my pores before applying this masque, then left the steamer aimed at my face to maximize its effects. (You could recreate this treatment with an at-home facial steam bath and your favorite facial mask.)
- Eight Greens Phyto Masque: This is an anti-blemish masque to add moisture and improve elasticity while tackling impurities. This was probably my favorite product of the facial…I may have to go back and get a jar!
- Couperose-C Serum: I tend to stay away from serums in the summertime, but now that fall is here, I like to add in a serum every so often to help my skin stay moisturized without being greasy.
- Eight Greens Whip Moisturizer: Ingredients include algae, flax seed, yucca extract and Hungarian thermal water for hormonally imbalanced or stressed skin. If you tend to have monthly breakouts about the time of your period, this would be a good option.
- Tomato Sun Cream: Tomato is great for your skin (I included them as a great summer ingredient for your skin in one of my beauty roundups for Breathe).
- Cucumber Eye Gel: There’s a reason sliced cucumbers are such a popular at-home spa treatment–they work wonders on puffy eyes.
Obviously this is an awful lot of products for a person to use every day–at least if you ever want to leave your house. But it’s great for an occasional treatment or if you’re hoping to evaluate a few products to incorporate into your regular routine. I really enjoyed my spa experience (of course!) and definitely enjoyed the Éminence Organics products. Have you tried them?